DO NOT order from Corporate Punishment

Forum for GLU, Wired All Wrong, David Reilly and Jeff Turzo discussion. Plus discuss any bands and music topics, new or old, related to GLU here.

Moderator: moderators

tommy66909
American Teen Robot
American Teen Robot

DO NOT order from Corporate Punishment

Post by tommy66909 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:42 am

Corporate Punishment Records is having a sale but it's all a trick.
They honestly steal your money and do not send you any product.
I feel bad that David Reilly had to deal with such scummy people but that's what they are.
Please stay away from them.
I've heard this from other people and experienced this myself.

ProgScape
New
New

Re: DO NOT order from Corporate Punishment

Post by ProgScape » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:13 pm

1st time poster here...

When I ordered from CP, I had the same issue. I then opened a case with PayPal due to a lack of responce from CP. Amazingly, they responded and semd me my goods. Funny how that works.

If people that pissed off at CP and CP is no longer sending the goods, I've got no problem putting up the mp3s on my webspace somewhere for people to grab them....

- mike.

asamorris
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Post by asamorris » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:39 pm

i think the only people that that would bother would be CP. so, #### it, do it.
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-gandhi

"Cool it, brothers..."
-Malcom X

ProgScape
New
New

Post by ProgScape » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:11 pm

I'm not gonna do it for just one person. ;) Anyone else interested...?

JSL
Fool
Fool

Post by JSL » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:44 pm

Hello folks,

I have to admit, I ordered the David Reilly Inside CD twice from Corporate Punishment, and received nothing. There was no way to track the order and no way to get through to anyone at the corporate headquarters. PayPal refused to refund my money because of the nature of the purchase. Finally, a kind GLU soul I befriended helped me out with the tracks.

Eventually, nine months after placing the order, Corporate Punishment sent me one (1) of the CDs, but before that first CD came in I was feeling rather frustrated with the whole process. There's something about having the physical thing, and the liner notes, etc. And I had, after all, paid for it. It wasn't like Corporate Punishment wasn't around at all. They sure knew how to collect my money. They were right on the ball with that. Other companies don't take your money until the item is in the mail, Amazon for example. That's the professional thing to do.

It just feels kind of sad. I know CP has some kind of connection to that Mantis/Rooster Show thing, whatever that was. Here's a clip from his own story about being DR's manager: "David did the tour, it was a disaster, and he came home and promptly sent me the longest text I had ever seen in my life, firing me. ( Luckily he got over it the next day.) The most ironic part was the CD'S weren't even ready for the tour, and ended up coming out a few weeks after it ended."

Can't this dude get his act together, even now? He has INSIDE for chrissakes.

gludude
American Teen Robot
American Teen Robot

Post by gludude » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:47 pm

I'm sorry to hear of the issues with CP. I was fortunate enough to get a couple copies when the cd first came out.

bobnugget
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Post by bobnugget » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:13 am

well it worked for me but just took one hell of a long time
Solved all of my problems for everyone but me
How is that a solution or recovery

my name is Luke NOT BOB
http://myspace.com/lucas448 = me
http://myspace.com/3njoyglu = music page

tommy66909
American Teen Robot
American Teen Robot

I WON!!!!

Post by tommy66909 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:51 am

I won ! Paypal awarded me money!
After I got Corporate Punishment Records reimbursement I also got 4 mean spirited emails from Corporate Punishment (more than sore losers-just losers) THEY ARE EVIL.
The reason I'm spouting off about this is because this is the FINAL nail in the coffin-IF YOU DON'T already OWN David Reilly - Inside EP then you never will.
This is sad but Corporate Punishment records has taken that away from the man.
When it was first released back in 2004 I ordered 4 copies, 4 months later I received only 2 copies.
Still I was in bliss, now being 27 years old I find this to be disgusting.

spaceage
New
New

Post by spaceage » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:13 pm

i wish i read this before ordering ive been waiting over a month for my copy of inside to come in. corpoate punishment has my money but i dont have my cd. does corporate punishment send it faster if you report them to paypal?are they gonna steal my money? if they aint got the cd they shouldnt be listing it.why do alll the other bands on corporate punishment suck i hope they are not using my money to press cd's that no one likes like all those cheesy bands on their roster.

heliotropic
New
New

Post by heliotropic » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:17 pm

I really want to buy it but due to this discussion there's no way I'm ordering anything from Corporate Punishment. Is too bad.

Drine
American Teen Robot
American Teen Robot

Post by Drine » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:01 pm

wasn't inside on a limited quantity basis for some time now? if there's any issue maybe it's just because they are out.
FEED HOLD

gthesob
Choirboy
Choirboy

Post by gthesob » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:42 pm

If that's true they're responsible for letting people know that in some way. Either way they're dropping the ball and it seems to be the norm.