Up Off The Floor on iTunes Plus?

Forum for GLU, Wired All Wrong, David Reilly and Jeff Turzo discussion. Plus discuss any bands and music topics, new or old, related to GLU here.

Moderator: moderators

james iha
New
New

Up Off The Floor on iTunes Plus?

Post by james iha » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:48 pm

I saw it there today, and I wonder, is it worth buying? I mean is it UOTF Advance? Or is it original CD with clipping? What is the quality of it? Thanks.

asamorris
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Re: Up Off The Floor on iTunes Plus?

Post by asamorris » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:27 pm

at best, it's aiff versions of the actual release. stick with the FTP.
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-gandhi

"Cool it, brothers..."
-Malcom X

james iha
New
New

Post by james iha » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:52 am

Oh yeah, thank you. I'll probably buy LITSCSA, because I've got only 192 kbps version and the CD is nowhere to find. And also they list FYM video in great quality there.

Btw, did anyone bother with getting UOTF in lossless?

gludude
American Teen Robot
American Teen Robot

Post by gludude » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:53 pm

used bins in record stores are the best places to search for LITSCSA, ebay is also a source.

gthesob
Choirboy
Choirboy

Post by gthesob » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:24 pm

If you can find it get the prerelease version. The official release sounds like AM radio.

james iha
New
New

Post by james iha » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:25 pm

So no lossless of prerelease?

I'm used to the sound of official release, and the ftp version is low bitrate and sounds too quiet. Lossless version of prerelease would be perfect. Does anyone have it?

gthesob
Choirboy
Choirboy

Post by gthesob » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:40 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?ctef2z2xz1f

v0 mp3

I don't feel like #### with setting up flac again.

Jawa242
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Post by Jawa242 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:14 am

gthesob wrote:If you can find it get the prerelease version. The official release sounds like AM radio.
weird this thread started.... Jeff, Gretchen and I have been discussing releasing the pre-mastered version of UOTF as an iTunes exclusive. This is the version WITH "Choir Boy" & "Fame" and the versions of the songs right before they went to mastering and they got all #### up.

james iha
New
New

Post by james iha » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:29 pm

Jawa242 wrote:weird this thread started.... Jeff, Gretchen and I have been discussing releasing the pre-mastered version of UOTF as an iTunes exclusive. This is the version WITH "Choir Boy" & "Fame" and the versions of the songs right before they went to mastering and they got all #### up.
I will buy this damn release even if it will be $50. Also an Apple Lossless release through iTunes would be really nice, since we don't have a pre-release UOTF, and it doesn't seem to be released in future.

Anyway, if you get Jeff to release UOTF on iTunes (with Choir Boy and Fame) - you'll be my personal hero.

However, even considering this, I must say that prerelease sounds really quiet and a bit slow to me. Maybe it's because I'm used to official release, which is a couple BPM faster and is louder because of clipping.

Anyway - convince them to release, I pray you to. :)

gthesob wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?ctef2z2xz1f

v0 mp3

Thanks a lot, bro. Is it good quality prerelease?

Btw, maybe you could set up simple iTunes, and rip the CD into Apple Lossless, it would be enough for anyone. Or you just don't feel like uploading it?

gthesob
Choirboy
Choirboy

Post by gthesob » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:51 pm

Jawa242 wrote:
gthesob wrote:If you can find it get the prerelease version. The official release sounds like AM radio.
weird this thread started.... Jeff, Gretchen and I have been discussing releasing the pre-mastered version of UOTF as an iTunes exclusive. This is the version WITH "Choir Boy" & "Fame" and the versions of the songs right before they went to mastering and they got all #### up.
Is this the same as the one we downloaded when the album first died way back when?
Last edited by gthesob on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gthesob
Choirboy
Choirboy

Post by gthesob » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:05 pm

james iha wrote:
Jawa242 wrote:weird this thread started.... Jeff, Gretchen and I have been discussing releasing the pre-mastered version of UOTF as an iTunes exclusive. This is the version WITH "Choir Boy" & "Fame" and the versions of the songs right before they went to mastering and they got all #### up.
I will buy this damn release even if it will be $50. Also an Apple Lossless release through iTunes would be really nice, since we don't have a pre-release UOTF, and it doesn't seem to be released in future.

Anyway, if you get Jeff to release UOTF on iTunes (with Choir Boy and Fame) - you'll be my personal hero.

However, even considering this, I must say that prerelease sounds really quiet and a bit slow to me. Maybe it's because I'm used to official release, which is a couple BPM faster and is louder because of clipping.

Anyway - convince them to release, I pray you to. :)

gthesob wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?ctef2z2xz1f

v0 mp3

Thanks a lot, bro. Is it good quality prerelease?

Btw, maybe you could set up simple iTunes, and rip the CD into Apple Lossless, it would be enough for anyone. Or you just don't feel like uploading it?
This is the promo version of the CD. The artwork looks nearly identical and so on. There's a thread about this version somewhere around here with more details if you want to look for it.

As far as lossless goes, I uploaded an EAC FLAC rip of it in 2007. I looked through my private messages but the link had expired and a 307 mb .rar is not something I have time to upload in the evenings after work. It just takes way too long over http and I can't put it on the ftp because he was very specific about not hosting anything available retail. So I just grabbed the mp3 rip I already have on my computer to have something to put up in the meantime. If you're willing to wait I'll get around to reripping it in FLAC or wav and upload this weekend if I have time. I'm not touching iTunes with a 10 ft pole.

james iha
New
New

Post by james iha » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:31 am

I PM'd you.

james iha
New
New

Post by james iha » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:13 pm

Btw, is there any lossless or good quality rip of Choir Boy (remastered or not)?

Jawa242
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Post by Jawa242 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:20 am

james iha wrote:Btw, is there any lossless or good quality rip of Choir Boy (remastered or not)?

yes, as far as I know Luke and I are the only 2 that have a high quality version of the song...

gthesob
Choirboy
Choirboy

Post by gthesob » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:43 pm

That sucks.