ahh poop, I need your help ASAP

Forum for GLU, Wired All Wrong, David Reilly and Jeff Turzo discussion. Plus discuss any bands and music topics, new or old, related to GLU here.

Moderator: moderators

Jawa242
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

ahh poop, I need your help ASAP

Post by Jawa242 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:08 pm

Ok, I just got an error message from tunecore after I uploaded all the "special/surprise" David Reilly tracks onto iTunes. Three (3) of the songs came back with this error:
There's a problem with the submitted file: Your bitrate of 242kbps is too low, it should be at least 300kbps.
This is what I dont understand: all the tracks are pulling from the same CD and the rest of them are fine... why would three songs have that error message all coming from the same master...?

Also, does anyone know a solution or a fix to this problem for these 3 tracks? I cant go live with this until all tracks are accepted and these are the 3 "problem child" tracks... anyone have any suggestions ot can anyone help get them to 300kbps if I send them to you so we can get them to go live and everyone can enjoy them????

gludude
American Teen Robot
American Teen Robot

Re: ahh poop, I need your help ASAP

Post by gludude » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:10 pm

I'm by far no expert in tunecast or uploading tracks to itunes, but I would just try to resubmit these 3 one at a time checking the default settings for tunecast. Are these tracks longer/shorter duration than the rest that were successfully uploaded? If the master is wav files you should be able to control ripping them to 300kbps. Are you ripping these to VBR format? I'm sorry if these are dumb questions but I figured it may help.

gthesob
Choirboy
Choirboy

Post by gthesob » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:10 pm

VBR is the same thing I thought of. With VBR it lists the average bitrate of the track so you'll see variances from one to the next. Here's an example of an album encoded as LAME mp3 v0:

(You'll have to click the picture. I don't know why this board is so narrow.)

Jawa242
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Post by Jawa242 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:09 am

gthesob: you didnt necessarily fix the problem for me, but what you did was remind of a program I have that can convert files to other formats, hence sometimes changing the kbps and voila.... it worked!!! All 3 problem tracks were accepted on the first try!!!

thanks for helping me out... now its off to activate the tracks.

gludude
American Teen Robot
American Teen Robot

Post by gludude » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:18 pm

good to hear, i'm looking forward to hearing the new stuff.

paskal
New
New

Post by paskal » Tue May 05, 2009 10:21 am

Jawa242 wrote:gthesob: you didnt necessarily fix the problem for me, but what you did was remind of a program I have that can convert files to other formats, hence sometimes changing the kbps and voila....
Once you've transcoded from the source to mp3, transcoding from the mp3 to "add kbps" is not going to do anything but reduce the quality of the tracks. :| Does iTunes not have any guidelines on how they suggest you prepare the tracks from the source?

I appreciate all your work but it's important to get it right - we're used to waiting. :D

james iha
New
New

Post by james iha » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:47 am

Jawa, please never upload anything from mp3's. Use WAV files to do this, and if you've already done - please replace it. It's just on quality purpose. WAV's themselves shall be produced using some good engine like EAC and have off-set for drive set up the correct way. If you need anything - just PM me.