How Humans R(x) technical updates

Forum for GLU, Wired All Wrong, David Reilly and Jeff Turzo discussion. Plus discuss any bands and music topics, new or old, related to GLU here.

Moderator: moderators

Jawa242
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Re: How Humans R(x) technical updates

Post by Jawa242 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:38 am

1) How Humans R(x) has NEVER had a mastered version... Jeff is finishing that now. So I have no idea what you are talking about saying there has been one for years.

2) This has ZERO to do with my book, I dont even know why you felt the need to bring it up...

3) You have mentioned numerous times about how this stuff was announced when you were a kid and now you are a legal adult... woopeedoo... maybe you should start acting like one in your posts.

I have kept really quiet with your posts lately, even though I want to reply with something, since a lot of what you say is either incorrect, or you dont know whats going on behind the scenes and yet you still feel the need to bash it.

I said it silently in my head awhile ago, but I am saying it now here in print: GROW UP and stop whining... I am doing everything in my power to try to complete 2 projects, if it takes me 10 years, then so be it. I'll guess you'll have to wait that long but you can pass the time on doing what you do best; complain.

I'm done talking to you.

lovely//assassin_
Fool
Fool

Post by lovely//assassin_ » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:10 pm

not for nothin (i didn't even really read the post yours refers to.. doh) but maybe if you didn't make such DEFINITE declarations with regard to timelines and such, people wouldn't get so frustrated. i'm sure your updates are much appreciated, but they don't need to be so concrete.. namean?

not trying to be snarky at all.. just maybe that would alleviate some of the aggro for both sides.. yeah?
downward is heavenward.

Jawa242
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Post by Jawa242 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:14 pm

but maybe if you didn't make such DEFINITE declarations with regard to timelines and such, people wouldn't get so frustrated.

point taken... I agree that some of my declarations probably should not have had a timeline on it, unfort. I get caught up in the excitement of it as well and get over zealous. That is probably the #1 reason why I keep contant updates with the projects, just so you guys know I havent completely fallen asleep at the wheel...

I will watch myself better in the future with making specific announcements until it is in concrete.

lovely//assassin_
Fool
Fool

Post by lovely//assassin_ » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:20 pm

i mean yaknow.. people could just as easily take the timelines with a grain of salt.. assume they're more of a 'guideline' . .. but whateva. maybe it's just as simple as being more cryptic and mysterious with your updates?
downward is heavenward.

bobnugget
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Post by bobnugget » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:07 pm

lovely//assassin_ wrote: i'm sure your updates are much appreciated
no doubt about it. i was just really pissed at something yesterday.
not trying to start anything Jawa.
Solved all of my problems for everyone but me
How is that a solution or recovery

my name is Luke NOT BOB
http://myspace.com/lucas448 = me
http://myspace.com/3njoyglu = music page

gluhead85
American Teen Robot
American Teen Robot

Post by gluhead85 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:57 am

lets
try
to
channel
the
energy
to
stay
on
task
mmm
"everybody gets a f ucking teddybear!!!"

www.myspace.com/23flies

Jawa242
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Post by Jawa242 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:28 am

gluhead85 wrote:lets
try
to
channel
the
energy
to
stay
on
task
mmm
yes sir :D

>infraction<
Fool
Fool

Post by >infraction< » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:16 pm

yes, on task
as long as david's sister is motivated to get it printed, it will
so we can all wait until that day

Jawa242
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Post by Jawa242 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:04 am

Okay, Gretchen sent me the "correct" version of Keep Dreaming yesterday. Here is the dilema. The version she sent me, which is supposed to be the "definitive" version for the album, IS THE EXACT VERSION THAT APPEARS ON "INSIDE"!

I think that she either got confused and sent me the wrong one, OR she truly believes that the one on "Inside" is the meant to be version. So 1 of 2 things are going to happen:

1) Keep Dreaming is going to be left off the album completely
2) the "rock" version of it that Jeff finished will be on the album as a hidden track at the end

If it is left off the album completely, I will go ahead and send anyone who wants a copy of the finished "rock" version of the song like I did with Love Will Complicate.

....more soon

james iha
New
New

Post by james iha » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:42 am

Hey, Jawa, just wanted to say that I truly admire your work and wish all the best. I also hope that EVERYTHING that was ever composed by David would be released in one way (commercial) or another (free downloads), no matter how rough these recordings are.

gludude
American Teen Robot
American Teen Robot

Post by gludude » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:26 pm

keep up the good work Jawa,
without your help I'm sure that the release of this album would not even be a possibility.
Thanks for you efforts.

Jawa242
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Post by Jawa242 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:49 am

james iha wrote:Hey, Jawa, just wanted to say that I truly admire your work and wish all the best. I also hope that EVERYTHING that was ever composed by David would be released in one way (commercial) or another (free downloads), no matter how rough these recordings are.
Well, a LOT of his "earlier" work is up on iTunes and Amazon MP3... type in David Reilly as the search and you'll get the majority of his other work... I am still working on putting the Fluzee album on there along with the track "R5" that did not make the album... I got permission from Gretchen to do that, but I am still focusing on How Humans R(x) right now, the Fluzee upload (with the bonus track) may come after all the dust settles.

Jawa242
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Post by Jawa242 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:02 pm

well, the songs that are going to be ON the album have been chosen, now all we need to do is put them in the correct order.

*And no, neither "Love Will Complicate" nor "Keep Dreaming" (rock version) will be on the CD. The album will now be 10 tracks long with no hidden bonus songs (ie Love Will Complicate or Keep Dreaming). Gretchen wanted to maybe put the lost Fluzee song "R5" as a hidden track but we decided against it sine the Fluzee tracks are going to be available on iTunes shortly, and "R5" will be part of the "album".

...more soon

splattered
Fool
Fool

Post by splattered » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:03 pm

Sweet... good to see things are moving along nicely :)

splattered
Fool
Fool

Post by splattered » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:12 pm

Any more updates? :)