Does anyone remember Sunna?

This forum is for all the offtopic discussions.

Moderator: moderators

gthesob
Choirboy
Choirboy

Does anyone remember Sunna?

Post by gthesob »

They had a great first album and things fell apart before they could finish the second one. I've heard the lead finished it on his own and there's copies floating around. If it's true, I want one, BAD.

draven
Final Frontier
Final Frontier

Post by draven »

I actually don't remember... :?

asamorris
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Post by asamorris »

nope.
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-gandhi

"Cool it, brothers..."
-Malcom X

draven
Final Frontier
Final Frontier

Post by draven »

Who or what is Sunna??? Is this like the Matrix... Like what is the Matrix type of question??? :lol:

gthesob
Choirboy
Choirboy

Post by gthesob »

They only had one album, it was called One Minute Science. The lead man made his name playing guitar for Massive Attack and he brought that love for electronics into a rock band. Some of the songs were hard rock like the two singles they're known for: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGGCeEX2VMg and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdmg8fJYX4M. Other songs were much more mellow, acoustic type stuff or had programmed beats and flirted with 90's industrial.

draven
Final Frontier
Final Frontier

Post by draven »

Ahh ok... Cool... For a minute it sounded like one of those questions... :lol:

supertrooper
Fool
Fool

Re: Does anyone remember Sunna?

Post by supertrooper »

I remember this band and listen to them at least once a week still. Any word on that other album. I know that had trouble getting a record deal for the second record. Before their board went down they said it was finished and they were shopping it around. If you hear anything about the new album let us know. If you others haven't heard it you should defienetly check it out.

Greg Aubry
Fool
Fool

Post by Greg Aubry »

That record keeps popping up in my Amazon recommendations. Maybe I really should just toss a few bucks out and snatch up a copy.

gthesob
Choirboy
Choirboy

Post by gthesob »

It's worth it.

supertrooper
Fool
Fool

Post by supertrooper »

yes you should

Jawa242
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Post by Jawa242 »

I bought the SUNNA album after hearing 1 track from it on Fuse. They have always been one of my favorite "bands that no one else knows", in fact I listened to One Minute Science yesterday on my iPod while driving around... I would loooooove to get any new tracks from them!! Sux they never released that second album!!!

supertrooper
Fool
Fool

Post by supertrooper »

Do a google search for sunna two minute terror and you will find a link to the ilike.com sunna webpage. In the posts on this webpage a user named Jon H. (the lead singers name of Sunna is Jon Harris) states that the new album and website is on its way. Who knows, could be someone messing with us Sunna fans. Keeps fingers crossed though.

gthesob
Choirboy
Choirboy

Post by gthesob »

I hope it's real. I can't imagine there being many people to troll for a nearly forgotten band that was barely known at all.

supertrooper
Fool
Fool

Post by supertrooper »

That is what I thought. I am still googling every thing I can to find info on it. I'll post back with any new news I find.

silvercrank
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Post by silvercrank »

I remember Sunna! I liked them! But I never heard much about them after the first single. I had a song form them on some yahoo launchcast sampler disc that got mailed to me. :mrgreen: