Toadies

This forum is for all the offtopic discussions.

Moderator: moderators

asamorris
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Toadies

Post by asamorris »

well, i am a huge toadies fan, as well as GLU (i have many favorites thank you).

any who, i was wondering if anyone else here had a place in their heart for Toadies. if not, you should.

also, if anyone knows where i could find a COMPLETE copy of their lost "Feeler" sessions, pm the hell out of me.

i have 15 or so of the songs, but all of the songs that were eventually re recorded and released on HB/SA (if you know, congrats) were omitted. i would really like to have those as well. i did buy HBSA, and interscope sucks ass, so i feel they owe it to me.
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-gandhi

"Cool it, brothers..."
-Malcom X

Aiight Son
Fool
Fool

Post by Aiight Son »

I dig the Toadies quite a bit too, never even knew there were lost sessions as you put it though, so I also would be interested in getting my hands on this.

asamorris
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Post by asamorris »

toadies have so much "lost" ####. besides the entire "Feeler" album that was never released, they have had ep's and all kinds of demo's floating around all over the place from before and after they were signed. i have close to 100 non-album tracks from them that i have collected over about a 10 year period. these last few "Feeler" tracks (the ones that were re-recorded for HBSA) are the only ones i am missing, so far as i know.
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-gandhi

"Cool it, brothers..."
-Malcom X

Vertigo
Fool
Fool

Post by Vertigo »

Jesus, I saw the Toadies like a decade ago. I think they were playing at numbers in Houston. Great great music. I think it's retarded that Todd feels the band is incomplete without Lisa. Forget the bitch and give me back my texas pride!
...and we're stoppin' at your mom's.

asamorris
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Post by asamorris »

don't get me wrong, i love todd (vaden, c'mon), but from what i understand, and from some interviews with the band, he can be kind of a douche. We don't think the guy who wrote "tyler" is chill and relax do we? anywho, anyways, It's Lisa who won't come back to make a record. she has been offered, but refuses. Another bass player has been added to the roster for their occassional "reunion" shows. So, if we want a new toadies record or tour, we are out of luck, because for some reason, Todd writing without Lisa is Burden Brothers. strange.
-gandhi

"Cool it, brothers..."
-Malcom X

plastinum
American Teen Robot
American Teen Robot

Post by plastinum »

man there's a lot of good memories from the summer of 95 associated with the Toadies...I think you couldn't go anywhere without hearing Possum Kingdom and everyone was theorizing about the song being about a vampire or not. Good band but I have to be in the mood for them anymore...never got to see them live though..pisser

Vertigo
Fool
Fool

Re: Toadies

Post by Vertigo »

Well, I am going to resurrect this dead thread to say that Toadies are back in effect and recording new material...and I have all of the Feeler album.
...and we're stoppin' at your mom's.

space alien jesus
Fool
Fool

Post by space alien jesus »

Wow I thought me and my cousin was like the only people left who even knew or liked The Toadies. Good to see someone else likes them as well.
I SAW THE BEST MINDS OF MY GENERATIONS DESTROYED BY MADNESS.

ALLEN GINSBERG

asamorris
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Post by asamorris »

Vertigo wrote:Well, I am going to resurrect this dead thread to say that Toadies are back in effect and recording new material...and I have all of the Feeler album.

yeah, I got no deliverance the day it came out, and a ton of swag as a member of the street team, also a radio promo copy of the record. I went to Newbury Comics in Mass to watch an acoustic set, and then had a meet and great afterwars. It was awesome.

yeah, i have since tracked down ALL of feeler, as well as some post feeler, pre HBSA demos. good stuff.
-gandhi

"Cool it, brothers..."
-Malcom X

space alien jesus
Fool
Fool

Post by space alien jesus »

any chance you can send some of that my way i would love to hear that me and my cuz jammed hell below and rubber neck all the time. If you can please send to chrisbarnette57@yahoo.com ty so much for your time.
I SAW THE BEST MINDS OF MY GENERATIONS DESTROYED BY MADNESS.

ALLEN GINSBERG

asamorris
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Post by asamorris »

I doubt you'll ever see this SAJ, as it's been five years, but it's all pretty available on certain sites now. Um, you know the ones.
-gandhi

"Cool it, brothers..."
-Malcom X