need your help: would you read this?

This forum is for all the offtopic discussions.

Moderator: moderators

Jawa242
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

need your help: would you read this?

Post by Jawa242 »

Hey guys,

As most of you know, with the moderate success of, "Dreams Are Unfinished Thoughts", (still selling strong) I have been signed on by WordClay (the publishing company) for 1 more book.

Instead of writting another novel, I decided to compile all the short stories I have written over the years, and then I wrote a few new ones, as my second book. This collection of short stories is titled "Welcome To Parkview" (with the majority of all my stories taking place in a fictional town I created.)

I was asked to have the back cover synopsis ready before Jan 1st and I have spent all week working on it. Could you guys PLEASE look at it and tell me if it grabs you at all... What I am looking for is, by reading the back cover, is this something you would want to read or at least peak your interest? Also, constructive critisism is 100% welcomed!!! I want the best "attention grabber" of a back cover I can get. Its my only chance for someone who doesnt know me, to want to buy the book.

The book goes into editing next Wed. and the tentative release schedule for it is March 2009. (The artwork is already in production now) I would absolutely love some feedback on what I have come up with the back cover...

thanks everyone!!! Back cover synposis:

WELCOME TO PARKVIEW

58 Tales of the Macabre

“The Parkview Tales”: Using Stephen King’s town of Castle Rock as inspiration, Brian Paone created his own fictitious town named Parkview. With the first 31 stories of this collection, the reader is given a guided tour of Parkview; a town full of deceit, buried treasures, gangsters, murders, lovers, drunks, ghosts, and maybe a vampire or two lurking in the shadows… At first glance it appears that our tour of Parkview is made up of random encounters with average citizens, until the façade of the town is peeled back just enough for us to see past the surface. Its then we realize that nothing is a coincidence; and in this town, even the truth can be a deception.

“The non-Parkview Tales”: After leaving the city limits, we are allowed to travel far away from Parkview. The next 9 stories of this collection is a bundle of uncharted territories filled with a futuristic game for narcotics, a personal encounter with alien beings, a 14 year olds first kiss, an off-the-wall radio broadcast, and a glimpse of today’s technology being viewed as primitive artifacts.

“The pre-Parkview Tales”: The third, and final, section of this collection is made up of an additional 18 stories. They were written in a time before Parkview was established. A time that was more chaotic, and riddled with demons, zombies, leprechauns, mythology, robots, mystics, warlocks, and psychic powers gone a-rye…

…So won’t you turn the page, step into the bus, and let me be your tour guide through a town I like to call… Parkview.

gthesob
Choirboy
Choirboy

Re: need your help: would you read this?

Post by gthesob »

The only thing that caught my eye was the change in POV. Third person in the first paragraph and first person in the last.

Jawa242
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Post by Jawa242 »

honestly... didnt even catch that.

Jawa242
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Post by Jawa242 »

wow... I cant believe how many personal e-mails I recieved from people trying to help me edit the synopsis!!! After a complete overhaul, the entire back cover is different. Still not the finished product, but this is the new direction:
“Welcome To Parkview” reads the sign on the outskirts of town. We glance up at the invitation, contemplating if getting on the inbound bus is such a wise idea. Do we really desire this guided tour of Parkview; a town full of deceit, buried treasures, gangsters, murders, lovers, transients, ghosts, and maybe a vampire or two lurking in the shadows…
But something draws us to step onto the bus and take a seat right next to a window. A window that looks like it has been cleaned with more grime than soap over the years. The bus seems empty, just a handful of us are daring enough to pay the small fee and try to find what lies beneath the face of the tow.
At first glance it appears that our tour of Parkview is made up of random encounters with average citizens. Maybe all the rumors of this cursed town are just a myth. Maybe losing sleep over this sight-seeing adventure was unnecessary. Maybe Parkview is just the quaint town that we have been looking for…
As we turn each corner of these streets, and the tour travels deeper into the heart of the town; the façade is peeled back just enough for us to see past the surface. Its then we realize that nothing is a coincidence; and in this town, its better to keep buried secrets quiet because even the truth can be a deception.
But we chose this adventure, and now it’s all in the hands of the bus driver if we ever escape this town named… Parkview.

Jamez99
New
New

Post by Jamez99 »

Thanks you for updating us with this interesting information. you did very great job. keep it up Hope you will share more ideas.I wish you good luck
Sign up with pass4sure promotion code for getting incredible online EMC courses exam and Princeton University. We also provide best examsheets.com and wikipedia with guaranteed success.

sofiazoe
New
New

Post by sofiazoe »

I was asked to have the back cover synopsis ready before Jan 1st and I have spent all week working on it. Could you guys PLEASE look at it and tell me if it grabs you at all.................. :)