David Reilly 1971-2005

This forum contains the David Reilly Memorial thread. If you want to share your remembrances, photos, and stories of David post them here.

Moderator: moderators

ladyeuthanasia
New
New

Post by ladyeuthanasia »

I'm incredibly saddened by this. I just got the news last night -- over a week after his death. Oh God! David's music has had a big impact on me as a fiction writer, screenwriter and even poet! It inspired so many words and images, I can't tell you. I immediately fell in love with "No More Love" when I heard it over 10 years ago, and I gobbled up everything I could of GLU. This truly tears me up. My prayers and healing thoughts go to all his loved ones and other fans like me.

I've suffered for my art.
Now it's your turn.

annaironside
New
New

Post by annaironside »

I *do* have a good GLU story.

When I met the man who would be my husband, I threw a party at my apartment, and he was looking through my CDs. He looked up at me with a slightly awed look in his eye and said, "You like God Lives Underwater??? I love God Lives Underwater!" This was 1998, and I had all their releases to date. Nobody else I knew knew who GLU was.

Thus began a beautiful relationship, which lasts to this day, and we still love GLU. We played "23" at our wedding reception.

I will forever treasure the music. I will treasure watching David's progress on his MySpace page while he made his music.

Thanks, David. We'll miss you.

keroscene
New
New

Post by keroscene »

david reilly has and will always be a profound and remarkable influence on me. i just heard this afternoon, and am absolutely devastated. his music kept me sane through countless tough times, and his tenacity forced me to never give up regardless of the odds. even if he's only missed by the few of us who still flock to this board and treasure our glu records, he still lived a life worth living.
"a shot in the arm, or shot in the head, it's killing me, and all my friends."

gthesob
Choirboy
Choirboy

Post by gthesob »

Has anyone heard from Jeff? I noticed the name was registered here, but I don't think he's posted.

machine609
American Teen Robot
American Teen Robot

Post by machine609 »

Jeff attended the funeral, that is all I know

gthesob
Choirboy
Choirboy

Post by gthesob »

I've been meaning to ask for weeks now but I keep forgetting.

draven
Final Frontier
Final Frontier

Post by draven »

I was curious but I think and respect that he might want to lay low for the situation......

silvercrank
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Post by silvercrank »

poor guy

tommy66909
American Teen Robot
American Teen Robot

Post by tommy66909 »

About 2 years ago I had a conversation with David Reilly. I know he was missing for some time and finally popped back up on the radar, he seemed very self loathing for someone who had just recently started piecing his life back together. I asked him so many questions like what is your favorite GLU song, what's you favorite GLU record, etc, etc...
He told me he thought he should be taken to court by all of his friends and fans.
I told him his songs meant so much to me at dark times and that if he died I'd hate him and break and burn all of his CD's!
I meant if he self destructed because of his demons, not dying in general. However, I still feel bad about that.
The music, times, and memories still live on.
Thanks David Reilly.
Tom

draven
Final Frontier
Final Frontier

Post by draven »

Hey man don't worry.... You didn't mean it like that and I am pretty sure he knew that too......

travisowens
Fool
Fool

Post by travisowens »

Wow, I only just found out last night, 3 weeks late!

I only found out because I got on USENET into the Goth-Industrial section and somebody posted all of those unreleased songs with RIP in front. I jumped on Google news and found out, then obviously came here next.

This guy couldn't ever catch a break, jesh!

If anybody visits his grave perhaps you should post a picture.

medicatedtotheoneilove
American Teen Robot
American Teen Robot

Post by medicatedtotheoneilove »

LOL that's funny, that was me who posted those.

haloflaminlead@gmail.com

medicatedtotheoneilove
American Teen Robot
American Teen Robot

Post by medicatedtotheoneilove »

I guess it's just cool to get some sort of feedback on that, cause I rarely get replies in usenet for posting anything.

draven
Final Frontier
Final Frontier

Post by draven »

Who are you talking to Medicated????

Smell the Vapors
American Teen Robot
American Teen Robot

Post by Smell the Vapors »

I think he's posted in response to travis owen's post about going to usenet.
"Sometimes, Life's not fair, I correct myself, I mean all the time."