God Lives Underwater DVD?

Forum for GLU, Wired All Wrong, David Reilly and Jeff Turzo discussion. Plus discuss any bands and music topics, new or old, related to GLU here.

Moderator: moderators

space alien jesus
Fool
Fool

God Lives Underwater DVD?

Post by space alien jesus »

If it is cool with everyone I want to make a GLU DVD. I have the money for the making of this thing as far as the case cd's and artwork goes. I will do it right and do a great job I will only press 100 of these things. so when I sell out they will be gone. I will need all of your help on this project as far as getting live shows and rare photos. Here is my idea for the DVD if you have any ideas please feel free to post. I work in a graphic arts studio and will do all the artwork. however I want someone to come up with the artwork though. I want everyone to have a hand in this as you will see in chapter 4 of the DVD idea's.

1-chapter 1 on the dvd- I want to put alot of live material from live shows. So if you have live material or know someone who does please send me a copy I will break it down and transfer it to dvd.

2-photos- Chapter 2- I would like to do a chapter on the dvd with some rare and not so rare photos with some music in the background. Since I want be able to put copyrighted material on the dvd. If it is all right with some I may use a song or two from the tribute cd.

3- Chapter 3- A chapter selection that tells all about glu kind of like wikipedia. With all the info about the band/ their release's/ and I would also like to get a history of live shows so we can see where they have toured and played.

4-Chapter 4- A 20 min. section of the fans on how GLU has changed their life or how they knew David. just cool war stories. So just film yourself or film someone you know who has a cool story to tell. If you can help me get ahold of past GLU members for this that would be great.

5- Links to websites like this one here and many more of it's kind.

this is what I had in mind if you want to talk in more detail im me I will send you my number and we can talk about the project. Or feel free to post here on ideas or comments on this project. This is something I have wanted to do for along time please help me make this happen. As far as price goes I don't want to charge anything I just want to make something for David to live through us all. I will have a special email to give out when I am nearing the end of the project so first come first serve. limit one a person and no reserves.

Chris
I SAW THE BEST MINDS OF MY GENERATIONS DESTROYED BY MADNESS.

ALLEN GINSBERG

asamorris
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Re: God Lives Underwater DVD?

Post by asamorris »

This is a pretty ambitious and fantastic idea.

a while ago I did a tuuurrrrrble dvd with some live stuff and the videos, but it was all pretty low quality. I look forward to seeing this thing take off and participating as much as possible.
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-gandhi

"Cool it, brothers..."
-Malcom X

space alien jesus
Fool
Fool

Thank you so much for being on board. If you have live videos/photos please send them in a torrent through mail or however it may be. I can get all the pressing done for us and it will be great pressings as far as the artwork on the case and on the cd. I just hope more people come forward and help with this project. But thank you once again for helping me get this thing started. And also If any of you come up with artwork for the front and back cover please send them we will post it up here and all take a vote on which one to use. My goal is to get started on this project next month and have it out by Christmas.

ALLEN GINSBERG

supertrooper
Fool
Fool

Post by supertrooper »

I personally don't have anything to add that wasn't on the FTP server. Wasn't there something like music or a video that was on a game that was hard to find? I would recommend doing all the videos as well. Hopefully Gretchen (Dave's sister) would contribute and add some home movies. That would be a great touch. PM bobnugget for more info or questions about rare stuff that he might have for the family of David to add. Good luck. Hope I get in on the finished product.

gthesob
Choirboy
Choirboy

Post by gthesob »

I have a well made DVD made by someone (whose name I can't recall anymore, it's been years and probably on the previous board) of a show on the LITSCSA tour. Oct. '98 in AZ if I recall. The guy made some really nice menus and such for it as well as cleaned up the otherwise not so hot video. It's the best live video I've seen of them. I know I've made copies for a few people here. I could make an image of the disc, split it up into .rars and upload them.

We ripped the videos from the game. I thought they were on the FTP? No More Love, All Wrong, and Don't Know How To Be, I think.

I also have the videos for Fame and From Your Mouth.
Last edited by gthesob on Thu May 20, 2010 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gthesob
Choirboy
Choirboy

Post by gthesob »

I figured "What the hell. Someone's bound to want it". I made an image of the DVD (just over 2 GB, 24 .rar's about 96 MB) and I started uploading it. I can also upload par2's for whoever's interested just in case.

gthesob
Choirboy
Choirboy

Post by gthesob »

space alien jesus
Fool
Fool

Thank you one and all for this nice start to this dvd. Please keep it coming and get ahold of anyone you know that will help with this project. Keep working on artwork for this thing We will all vote on the best and use that for the cover of the dvd I will also need a cover for the dvd itself. So keep those coming. i will post all my progress As i go through this. .These will be free and I will only be able to make 100. I will have that email address soon so email me for your copy.

ALLEN GINSBERG

collapsed
New
New

Post by collapsed »

http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/2273514/12921424/
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5617935

Hope this makes it easier on some of you.
Repeated MegaUpload links was kind of a pain.
Thanks for your effort OP! Nice work!
Lets put this into the harddrives of a lot of people.
I would like to revisit the lossless torrents with a few people too.
I would be more than happy to seed as much as you all have, for as long as I can.

gthesob
Choirboy
Choirboy

Post by gthesob »

I'll transfer the image to my other computer and seed on Demonoid when I can. I don't use torrrents much.

For those of you who don't use torrents, using JDownloader takes all the annoyance out of those many MU links.

gthesob
Choirboy
Choirboy

Post by gthesob »

I finally remembered to start seeding and right away I've got 6 people leeching. I'm glad people want this.

thephool
New
New

Post by thephool »

heya i would love to contribute to this. ill make some artwork and send to ya soon. (where to send it?)
ive downloaded the dvd from above and i personally think that the individual video files from the ftp have better sound quality. i still have those and can megaupload them for you if you need. i really like the dvd from above, but the audio has been pumped and peaks out where it doesn't on the single files that i have. anyways i definitely want a copy of this when you finish. ill keep checkin back and i hope im one of the lucky 100! thanks again, lookin forward to this project.

gluhead85
American Teen Robot
American Teen Robot

Post by gluhead85 »

any
progress
"everybody gets a f ucking teddybear!!!"

www.myspace.com/23flies

tommy66909
American Teen Robot
American Teen Robot