now that HHr has bene released...

Forum for GLU, Wired All Wrong, David Reilly and Jeff Turzo discussion. Plus discuss any bands and music topics, new or old, related to GLU here.

Moderator: moderators

Vertigo
Fool
Fool

Re: now that HHr has bene released...

Post by Vertigo »

Not to play Devil's advocate, but David was positively ecstatic about the version of the song with Brit. Granted, I am sort of speak in an after session context when he spoke to me. Dave and I would talk about the evolution of music and we both agreed that definitive versions of songs will never exist since musical tastes vary. As long as the emotion is conveyed, and you dig it, it's your song. What Dave's definitive version is I may never know. My last conversation with him haunts me to this day.
...and we're stoppin' at your mom's.

lovely//assassin_
Fool
Fool

Post by lovely//assassin_ »

i don't really know if this is in response to something i said at all but i really want to make it clear that i wasn't trying to convey that he didn't love the brit version but anyways, yes. that is all.
downward is heavenward.

gluhead85
American Teen Robot
American Teen Robot

Post by gluhead85 »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/David-Reilly-Hu ... 3a69cca365

whats this ####
whos the lying sack of ####
thats trying to make money off
something that isnt real(america)
"everybody gets a f ucking teddybear!!!"

www.myspace.com/23flies

Jawa242
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Post by Jawa242 »

veeeeery interesting!!!

There were only 100 made and all 100 were sold through me, so its gotta be a copy from someone that got it from me originally.

Linkwhite
Fool
Fool

Post by Linkwhite »

Vertigo wrote:Not to play Devil's advocate, but David was positively ecstatic about the version of the song with Brit. Granted, I am sort of speak in an after session context when he spoke to me. Dave and I would talk about the evolution of music and we both agreed that definitive versions of songs will never exist since musical tastes vary. As long as the emotion is conveyed, and you dig it, it's your song. What Dave's definitive version is I may never know. My last conversation with him haunts me to this day.
I think that goes for a lot of his newer stuff. I have at least 2-3 versions of some songs, and some of the older ones I enjoy listening to over the newer ones (even though I like both versions!). I think my two favorites are still My Till Tomorrow(all alone mix) and my Empty remix. I also enjoy his older version of My Till Tomorrow 5:52 length. I haven't been here for a while, I hope everyone is doing well :D

I like the new intro from the CD, but the cd I have the bass is really unbalanced for some reason :/
I give up easily, cant speak so freely, wont someone release me just this time around.
Rest in Peace David.

gludude
American Teen Robot
American Teen Robot

Post by gludude »

Jawa242 wrote:veeeeery interesting!!!

There were only 100 made and all 100 were sold through me, so its gotta be a copy from someone that got it from me originally.
funny how the listing says a couple hundred. They must have forgotten it was only 100.
Obviously someone from this board considering the lyrics are linked to this site.
It must have been someone who bought two. I bought two and gave one to my bro as a gift.

bobnugget
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Post by bobnugget »

hi everyone, its been a while. not much steam since all the projects finished up. i havent been on much lately because my cousin died a few days after my 20th birthday in june.

http://youtu.be/OkcZOdX4JUI

http://youtu.be/NMyE-LXu_4s

video about him. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Solved all of my problems for everyone but me
How is that a solution or recovery

my name is Luke NOT BOB
http://myspace.com/lucas448 = me
http://myspace.com/3njoyglu = music page

Undeadman138
New
New

Post by Undeadman138 »

gludude wrote:
Jawa242 wrote:veeeeery interesting!!!

funny how the listing says a couple hundred. They must have forgotten it was only 100.
Obviously someone from this board considering the lyrics are linked to this site.
It must have been someone who bought two. I bought two and gave one to my bro as a gift.

I was the one who purchased this auction... I flipped out when I saw the thing listed in the first place. I also got a copy of "Inside" from the same seller but they only asked 10 bucks for it.

splattered
Fool
Fool

Post by splattered »

Right on... pretty sure i have that album :) I think? haha i need to check my stuff (Don't touch my physical albums much anymore)

Any new stuff happening at the moment music wise?

Undeadman138
New
New

Post by Undeadman138 »

I don't worry too much about physical copies of anything these days myself but Dave's solo stuff was something I couldn't pass up on. Sort of the prizes of my cd collection.

Man I miss being able to look forward to new music from that guy...

gluhead85
American Teen Robot
American Teen Robot

Post by gluhead85 »

Undeadman138 wrote: Dave's solo stuff was something I couldn't pass up on. Sort of the prizes of my cd collection.
Man I miss being able to look forward to new music from that guy...
no #### bro
the memory will always exist
his spirit will always live on
cheers
"everybody gets a f ucking teddybear!!!"

www.myspace.com/23flies