The coffeehouse has been dormant long enough

This forum is for all the offtopic discussions.

Moderator: moderators

Smell the Vapors
American Teen Robot
American Teen Robot

The coffeehouse has been dormant long enough

Post by Smell the Vapors »

It's time to open up the coffee house, order a Grande Double Mucho Mocha with whipcream and a bagel sprinkled with crack. (i don't really drink coffee, i just made that up. but if it existed...i probably still wouldn't drink it.) it's time to talk....Movies! what you liked, what you hate. what you can't wait for. what you have yet to see. Let's discuss.

draven
Final Frontier
Final Frontier

Post by draven »

Movies I just recently watched....

SKeleton Key - Kind of sucked...
Constantine - Good movie....
Team America - had its parts but wasn't as funny as I thought.... Durka durka....

LordOfDays
American Teen Robot
American Teen Robot

Post by LordOfDays »

The Constant Gardener: Good. But some parts pissed me off. Adn during the movie i felt like i was watching 3 different genres by 3 different directors. That kinda put me off. Is it a love stroy? Is it a mystery? Is it a political/economical/social comentary of africa and the way we treat them? Is it an action flick about a man on the run, with a gun, just trying to have fun? I mean come on. :?: :?: :?:

Smell the Vapors
American Teen Robot
American Teen Robot

i just saw team america a few days ago. it was okay, it had it's moments. like the team america theme song.
i also saw...
The Final Cut with Robin Williams. It was another one of his "dark" roles. a great movie, that in my opinion ended too soon.

and Mr. & Mrs. Smith... a wild ride, and alot of shaky camera angles. it was pretty cool.

draven
Final Frontier
Final Frontier

Post by draven »

I need to see the Final Cut.... Well over the weekend I saw The Ring Two.... NOt bad.... Most people thought it sucked thats only because everyone thought they were going to see a movie like the first one.... but in my opinion it was still a good movie.... I also saw Hitch.... Great movie..... I like those underdog movies..... Last night I caught The Grudge.... From what I researched its a Japanese movie but it has 3 parts to it.... The american version blends in the 1 and 2 to make what I saw The Grudge.... IF you want scary definitely watch it.... Its great since I saw last night in the dark with the surround system blasting.... Its better than the Skeleton Key by far.....

Smell the Vapors
American Teen Robot
American Teen Robot

The Grudge is another movie I thought was better than what everyone let it on to be. The movie freaked me out. I knew it was once a japanese movie but I had no idea it was a franchise. I was hesitant to see it because i heard it sucked. I liked it. Now the same thing with Ring 2...heard alot of bad things about it but I still want to see it, so I figure I'll just rent it. My uncle was telling me Hitch was hilarious. The commercials cracked me up. but I check it out sooner or later. I saw "Taxi" on hbo last night, with Jimmy Fallon. It was pretty friggin hilarious. that's about it for me so far. take it easy.

draven
Final Frontier
Final Frontier

Post by draven »

Yeah Taxi wasn't that bad.... Hopefully I get to watch 28 Days Later Be Cool and a dvd comedy standup by Carlos Mencia......

Smell the Vapors
American Teen Robot
American Teen Robot

I really liked 28 days later. I'm a Zombie movie freak. I love 'em. If you ever get the chance you should check out Dead Alive, It's directed by Peter Jackson. It's gory as hell, and it's hilarious. I found the dvd at suncoast for like 15 bucks. and it was uncut. the first time I saw it I rented it from blockbuster, and all the good stuff was edited out.

Be Cool was a hilarious movie as well. I never saw Get Shorty, so I don't know how it stands as a "sequel" but I enjoyed it alot. The Rock is hilarious. who would of thunk it? I haven't seen anything from Carlos Mencia since an HBO half hour stand up routine, in the mid 90's. I see he has that new show on Comedy Central but I haven't caught it once.

draven
Final Frontier
Final Frontier

Post by draven »

Damn I thought Be Cool was a regular movie not a sequel... YOu guys have to pardon me.... I really haven't watched tv or new movies in a while.... I tend not to watch too much tv.... I rather listen to music.... ANyways now I have to see Get SHorty..... Yeah I watched Carlos Mencia since 1996 or so.... I saw him on bet's late night stand up once.... He was hilarious.... Then I caught him on HBO.... Ever since then I saw his show on the spanish channel back in the day and now I don't have cable so I can't watch his new show..... But from the clips I saw its pretty good..... About zombies movies yeah they are cool but House of the Dead wasn't as good.... I know it was tended to be like a low budget zombie movie but still it didn't really capture my attention 100%.... The ending though was pretty good....

Smell the Vapors
American Teen Robot
American Teen Robot

Haha, I have yet to see House of the Dead. I tend to stay away from movies that use Video games as their source for the material. usually the movies have nothing to do with the games they were based on, with only a few similarities between the two. wasn't House of the Dead about a rave party on an Island? The original game took place in broke down city from what i could guess was modeled to look like european cities...that whole old school brick and castle look. so if that's true, the only relation the two had at all were franchise titles. The Resident Evil movies though, I actually kinda like. they are the exception to the rule (imho)...that and the original Mortal Kombat, which took various plot excerpts from movies like Bruce Lee's Enter the Dragon. (if you're going to borrow from a movie, it might as well be Enter the Dragon.) So yeah, now I blather, so, all the Street Fighters, Super Mario Bros. and Double Dragon movies can go suck it. or Anything that Director Uwe Boll has been Attached to. his credits include the Direction for House of the Dead and Alone in the Dark. and 6 OTHER VIDEO GAME RELATED MOVIES coming in the near future. so video game movies are going to be the ultimate suck for the next half a decade. Wooo! I'm glad I got all that off my chest. lol. I have no life.... :oops:

Smell the Vapors
American Teen Robot
American Teen Robot

and It's no big deal about having something better to do than watch TV or movies, I can agree with you that listening to music is better than most anything you can do with your free time, with a few exceptions of course. I usually don't even see movies until they are released on DVD, mostly for a fear of suckage, and having had spent 9 dollars on the damned movie. So I just rent them, if they suck...it was 3 bucks...I still need to see Get Shorty, I heard it was good, better than Be Cool. but I rarely trust opinions unless it's someone I know I have common tastes with when it comes to movies.

draven
Final Frontier
Final Frontier

Post by draven »

Be Cool was a good movie.... 28 Days Later is another good movie.... Yeah I myslef is the same way.... I don't go by the critics.... I go by some of my friend's opinions... Ususally I have to watch the movie to see......

silvercrank
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Post by silvercrank »

i havent seen any of those movies.

the last few i saw was

Mr. & mrs. smith
the wedding crashers
hitchhikers guide to the galaxy
i ♥ huckabees

and some other ones.

ive been watching a lot of the dave chappelle dvds lately and i just got half baked on dvdvd

heh.

Smell the Vapors
American Teen Robot
American Teen Robot

Did you like Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
I thought it was pretty funny, sort of Monty Python-esque.

gthesob
Choirboy
Choirboy

Post by gthesob »

It was decent, though kind of flat compared to the book. The tacked-on love story screamed Hollywood. As far as the Python comparison, Adams idolized the Pythons, he even worked with one for a while and appeared in two episodes.