up off the floor [promo version]

Forum for GLU, Wired All Wrong, David Reilly and Jeff Turzo discussion. Plus discuss any bands and music topics, new or old, related to GLU here.

Moderator: moderators

mantis217
Fool
Fool

up off the floor [promo version]

Post by mantis217 »

i have a copy of the promo version of 'up off the floor'. i was wondering if since it's a promotional version of the album (which has far higher quality than the actual release), if it would be alright to post a link here so that anyone can download it, considering that i'm sure everyone here already purchased the retail release anyway. i don't know if this falls under any kind of copyright infringement rules or anything. as we all know, this is a great album, and i would like to get it out to people who want to hear it the way it was intended to be released.

gthesob
Choirboy
Choirboy

Re: up off the floor [promo version]

Post by gthesob »

I can vouch for the quality. I have a copy too and the difference is huge.

mantis217
Fool
Fool

Post by mantis217 »

yeah i bought mine for $1 at a record show in a discount bin. well, here is the megaupload link if anyone wants it... http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UOC72NNF it's in flac format. i figure, posting a link can't be a violation of any type of rules or anything. if it is, i apologize.

love12
New
New

Post by love12 »

So whats up with the legality of this? Cause technically the company that owns the rights to this folded so shouldn't it be fair game?

Jawa242
Christ of the Abyss
Christ of the Abyss

Post by Jawa242 »

To answer the legal question:

Gretchen has complete power of attorney over David's estate (meaning she is now "David" with any decisions about his music GLU / non-GLU.)

I was appointed, by Gretchen, subsidary power to make decisions for Gretchen in regards to David back in 2008.

So yes, you can go ahead and post Up Off The Floor.

You have my permission.

paskal
New
New

Post by paskal »

mantis217 wrote:yeah i bought mine for $1 at a record show in a discount bin. well, here is the megaupload link if anyone wants it... http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UOC72NNF it's in flac format. i figure, posting a link can't be a violation of any type of rules or anything. if it is, i apologize.
Just FYI I don't think this is the promo version - you can clearly see that all the songs are clipped badly in the waveform for these tracks.